Chicago urgent medical care & COVID testing
DispatchHealth arrives fully equipped to test and treat everything an urgent care can, at the same cost as an urgent care visit. Proudly providing same-day medical care to adults and children throughout Chicago. Open 365 days a year.
Urgent care has arrived
Experience relief when our medical team arrives at your door. DispatchHealth is much more than an urgent care provider, offering many of the same services as an emergency room, minus the high ER costs and wait times.
- Same cost as an urgent care
- Open 7 days a week, including holidays
- 8 AM - 10 PM
How it works
Getting an urgent care appointment in Chicago has never been easier
Healthcare system partner
Patients without symptoms: Not currently offering COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic patients.
DispatchHealth administers either RT-PCR test or a lateral flow antigen test. Thin nasal swabs are quickly inserted into the patient’s nose to collect the specimen. The type of COVID-19 test administered is at the discretion of the provider.
Insurance we accept
DispatchHealth’s prices are competitive with conventional urgent care facilities and cost 80-90% less than an ER. We accept Medicare, Medicare Advantage and more!
Common urgent medical care questions
DispatchHealth’s qualified practitioners provide in-home urgent treatment for a wide array of non-life-threatening medical conditions. We cater to just about everyone, from babies ages three months and older to seniors, and are at work 365 days a year to meet the medical needs of busy people like you.
To see a full list of all conditions and symptoms we treat, click here.
Our teams wear surgical masks and gloves for every patient encounter. For patients with respiratory and/or COVID-19 symptoms, our teams also wear N95 respirator masks, eye protection, gowns, and shoe covers. Our teams follow strict guidelines for entering and exiting patient homes, and we thoroughly disinfect our kits and cars after every patient visit. Learn more about our COVID-19 response.
After contacting us, it typically takes 1-2 hours for a medical team to come to your location. Please note that the ETA may vary depending on the number of patient visits we have that day. When you call to schedule a visit, you will be given an approximate arrival time.
While many urgent cares don’t provide x-rays, DispatchHealth does offer x-rays and mobile imaging. This means we’ll come to your home to address your minor breaks, sprains, and bruises and get you a mobile x-ray if necessary.
A visit with DispatchHealth costs roughly the same as a walk-in urgent care visit. On average, most patients pay anywhere from $5 – $50 after insurance. The percentage of the total bill you’re responsible for is determined by your insurance plan. Note that if you have a high deductible plan, you will need to meet your deductible before your insurance will cover the cost.
If you do not have or we are not contracted with your insurance company, DispatchHealth accepts payment of a flat rate of $275 at the time of treatment via credit card. This flat rate is for everything that we do, which includes medications administered, procedures performed, and on-site lab tests obtained. At times, third-party service providers may be recommended including imaging, labs, prescriptions or other healthcare services. In these instances, the patient will be billed separately by those services. Payment methods include credit, debit, health savings account (HSA), health reimbursement account (HRA) and flexible spending account account (FSA) payments.
Booking an appointment with us is easy! Simply give us a call or click here.
Real DispatchHealth patient reviews
Quality urgent care services in Chicago, IL
- DispatchHealth, a provider of advanced, in-home urgent care services in the Chicago area, is a proud partner of Rush University System for Health, which operates the nationally ranked Rush University Medical Center and two other award-winning hospitals in the Chicago area.
- With more than 40 well-respected hospitals and thousands of doctors, Chicago frequently lands on Top 10 lists of cities delivering high-quality medical services.
- Spearheaded by the Chicago Department of Public Health, the Partnership for Healthy Chicago is a coalition of public health, hospitals and nonprofit community organizations working toward ending the 8.8-year life expectancy disparity between Black and White Chicago residents.
- The Chicago Park District is America’s largest municipal park manager, overseeing more than 8,800 acres of green space that encompass over 600 parks and recreational facilities.