I. Introduction and Purpose
This Employee Privacy Notice (“Notice”) governs how DispatchHealth Management, LLC, on behalf of itself and its affiliates (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “DispatchHealth”) collects and uses the Personal Information of its employees, independent contractors, and job applicants. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual.
This Notice applies to the Personal Information of:
- Employees (current and former);
- Temporary and seasonal employees (current and former);
- Contract workers (current and former); and
- Any other individual who engages with us in the scope of human resources-related relationship.
This Notice does not apply to the Personal Information of DispatchHealth patients or customers.
III. Categories of Personal Information Collected
Our relationship with you requires us to process certain Personal Information about you. The categories of Personal Information we process include:
- Identifiers and personal demographic information such as name, address, phone number, date of birth, citizenship status and similar information;
- Information directly related to your employment, such as position and title, rate of pay, promotions, transfers, performance reviews (including based on inferences drawn from other information described in this section) and other employment actions;
- Information related to education and training;
- Information related to tax and accounting matters, including payroll, tax calculation and withholding, bank information (for payment purposes), and taxpayer identification numbers;
- Information related to the provision of employee benefits, including demographic information, health information related to benefits claims, family benefits information, and other information necessary to provide employment benefits;
- Information related to workplace safety including training, accident and incident reports, and investigations, first aid and other medical records, and medical and other information related to workers compensation claims;
- Your signature, social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, insurance policy number, bank account number (for direct deposit), and other personal information as defined by CAL. Civ. Code § 1798.80;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, if you use our information technology resources;
- Biometric information, such as fingerprint data used for timekeeping;
- When permitted or required by applicable law, information related to disabilities, nationality, and other characteristics protected by federal and State law;
- When permitted by applicable law, drug and alcohol testing information related to the use of prohibited substances; and
- When permitted or required by law, public health-related health information such as: contact with or exposure to a disease, body temperature, test results, vaccination status, or other health-related information to prevent the further spread of disease.
IV. The Purposes for Collecting and Processing Personal Information
We collect and process Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Administration and management of your employment relationship with us;
- Administration relating to benefits, payroll, compensation, taxation, and insurance;
- Training, talent and performance management, career planning and development;
- Workforce administration and planning, including capacity utilization planning, staffing and resource allocation;
- Administration, management and provision of insurance, business travel, expatriate and other business travel, relocation, job rotation and risk management services to employees (and their families and dependents);
- Providing you with access to our information systems and other DispatchHealth resources;
- Administering information systems, software, applications, and programs;
- Promoting safe, secure, and efficient use of messaging (e.g. email) and the Internet when using DispatchHealth resources in the scope of your employment with us, including ensuring that business-critical information and assets of DispatchHealth are protected and secure;
- In response to public health issues, including but not limited to, workplace screenings and the collection, use, and sharing of Personal Information to monitor or track disease exposure and related outbreaks;
- Financial planning, reporting, budgeting, and analysis;
- Prevention of fraud and other unlawful activities;
- Protection of our rights or DispatchHealth property;
- Complying with any legal obligations that may be applicable in connection with your employment; and
- Such other purposes as are necessary or reasonable in connection with your employment.
In accordance with our cybersecurity practices and applicable law, DispatchHealth monitors the use of, and the data traffic generated by our IT systems, networks, and devices (“Systems”) for safety and business compliance and continuity purposes during your employment. Due to such monitoring, please be aware that content or messages on our Systems may not be private.
VI. Disclosure of Personal Information
This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in our human resource operations. For example, we engage third parties to provide IT systems; facilitate payroll; perform accounting, financial, and legal services; and for other functions relating to the purposes for which we process Personal Information about you.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions, or Other Investments. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, investment round, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information we maintain, including Personal Information, may be among the items transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of DispatchHealth policy or law.
VII. Data Security
We take the security of Personal Information seriously. We have internal procedures and controls in place to protect Personal Information against loss, accidental destruction, misuse, or unauthorized access and disclosure.
VII. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time, for any reason. If we make material changes to this Notice that impact how we process your Personal Information, we will notify you directly.
IX. Contact Information
Questions or comments relating to this Notice can be mailed or emailed to: PrivacyOfficer@dispatchhealth.com