We Bring Acute Care to Your Patients’ Homes When You Can’t See Them
DispatchHealth offers your patients same day acute care in their homes, preventing unnecessary patient visits to emergency rooms. You will receive detailed clinical notes and we refer all patients to you for follow-up care. We accept most major insurance including Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid.
How We Work With Providers
We work with PCPs, orthopedists, urologists, cardiologists, general surgeons, neurologists, gastroenterologists and pediatricians to evaluate and treat patients who need to be seen today and to provide post acute eyes and ears on a patient.
PCPs and Peds
- Provide an extension of capacity after hours and on weekends, in close contact with the primary physician.
- We connect with the patient’s doctor on call in every case.
- We treat patients ages 3 months and older.
- Post-op, post-discharge evaluation for infection, DVT and treatment of constipation.
- Evaluate and replace catheters (Foley, supra pubic and coude); treatment of kidney stones with non-steroidal anti-inflammatories.
- Evaluate and treat CHF patients, particularly if well known to the cardiologist or PCP.
- Typically provide high dose diuretics for patients retaining fluid and/or experiencing shortness of breath.
- Evaluate and treat chronic migraine patients.
- Follow up with patient after three days to ensure the condition improves and refer back to specialist for further care.
- Evaluate and treat patients with chronic issues such as cyclic vomiting syndrome, constipation, nausea and diarrhea.
- Evaluate Crohn’s patients and treat with IV or oral steroids at the treating physician’s direction.
- Provide post-procedure evaluation post colonoscopy for pain and vomiting.
- Evaluate post-op patients for infection and pain, serving as the surgeon’s eyes and ears on a patient after discharge.
Here’s How to Integrate with Your Practice
Sample Phone Script to Use for Your After Hours and Weekend Messaging
“If this is a life-threatening emergency, please hang-up and dial 911. To reach an on-call provider, dial [insert your number]. If you have an urgent care need and want to be seen right away, our office has partnered with DispatchHealth. They provide at-home urgent care in the comfort of your home, every day, including weekends and holidays. Please call them directly at 888-908-0553. For questions regarding prescription refills, appointments, and all other inquiries, please leave a message and we will return your call during regular office hours.”
A Sample On-Call Reminder
“During your on-call shift, please remember that DispatchHealth is available for urgent care needs, after-hours, 7 days a week, including holidays. To request care, call 888-908-0553. You can call on behalf of your patient or have your patient call DispatchHealth directly. DispatchHealth will bill all major insurance plans, at a cost that is comparable to urgent care, and will fax you detailed clinical notes once care the patient visit is complete. Additionally, DispatchHealth will follow up with every patient within 3 days and refer back to you for additional care as needed.”
Sample Email Messaging for Your Patients
“[Practice Name] offers DispatchHealth as a service for our patients that have an urgent care need after hours, on weekends and holidays when our practice is closed, as well as on days when you are unable to book a same day appointment for an urgent health issue. DispatchHealth provides at-home urgent care in the comfort of your home, every day, including weekends and holidays. Within three days of your visit DispatchHealth will send your [Practice Name] physician detailed clinical notes and follow up to make sure you are feeling better. Please call DispatchHealth directly at 888-908-0553 or visit dispatchhealth.com to request care. DispatchHealth does not provide primary medical care, such as physicals or follow up care.”
What We Treat
Ear Nose & Throat
- Eye infections
- Foreign body removal (ear/nose)
- Nasal packing and cautery
- Ear infection or pain
- Sinus infection
- Nasal congestion
- Nausea / Vomiting
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Skin infection
- Skin lesion
- Vertigo evaluation and treatment
- Joint or back pain
- Strains or sprains
- Minor fractures
- Splint injured extremities
Laceration repair (simple to complex):
- Sutures or staples
- Incision & drainage of skin lesions
- Splint injured extremities
- IV placement
- 12 lead ECG
- Administer IV fluids, medications and antibiotics
- Advanced blood laboratory testing on site
- Rapid infectious disease testing (flu, strep, mono)
- Foley, Coude and Supra-pubic catheter insertion