- Your symptoms last for more than 10 days without improvement
- You have a fever of 101 degrees or higher
- You have a fever for longer than three to four days
- Your symptoms appear to improve but then suddenly worsen
- Your symptoms are particularly severe
- You’ve experienced multiple sinus infections within the past year
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Stay away from individuals with colds or other upper respiratory infections
- Quit smoking and avoid secondhand smoke and other pollutants
- Keep your nasal passages moist by using saline spray and a humidifier
- Protect your immune system by eating a nutritious diet, exercising, avoiding stress, and getting enough sleep
If left untreated
It’s important to promptly seek treatment for a sinus infection. The sooner you do, the sooner your symptoms will start to resolve. Plus, if a sinus infection goes untreated, it could potentially develop into chronic sinusitis. And although it’s rare for this to occur, sinus infections can also sometimes lead to meningitis, a brain abscess, or a bone infection.
If you need treatment for a sinus infection, don’t delay—reach out to DispatchHealth today and request a visit from one of our mobile healthcare teams. You can do so by calling us, downloading our mobile app, or visiting our website.