How long does it take for cellulitis to go away?
With antibiotic treatment, cellulitis usually goes away within 7 to 10 days. The infection may take 2 weeks or longer to clear up if you have a weakened immune system, diabetes or a circulation problem.
Cellulitis usually will not go away on its own, so don’t wait to seek care. Without antibiotic treatment, cellulitis can get worse and cause sepsis, a serious blood infection. Talk to your provider if you’re taking antibiotics and the infection isn’t better within 5 days.
- Learn the signs when cellulitis is healing
- Persistent Rash? It Might Be Cellulitis
- How Long Does it Take for Cellulitis to Heal?
- Learn why you keep getting cellulitis
- Learn why cellulitis happens on your legs
- Learn if cellulitis spreads
- Learn if cellulitis goes away
- 3 Skin Conditions You Shouldn’t Ignore
- The Most Common Skin Infections Found in Seniors & How to Prevent Them