What are the signs that cellulitis is healing?
A few days after you start taking antibiotics, you should experience relief from cellulitis symptoms. Signs that the infection is healing include:
- Decreased swelling
- Lightening of the rash’s color (cellulitis often appears purple, gray or brown on darker skin tones and red or pink on light skin tones)
- Reduced pain or tenderness
- Relief from a feeling of firmness or hardness
It may take a few days to notice these signs of healing. If the rash doesn’t improve within 5 days, contact your healthcare provider.
- Learn how long it takes for cellulitis goes away
- Persistent Rash? It Might Be Cellulitis
- How Long Does it Take for Cellulitis to Heal?
- Learn why you keep getting cellulitis
- Learn why cellulitis happens on your legs
- Learn if cellulitis spreads
- Learn if cellulitis goes away
- 3 Skin Conditions You Shouldn’t Ignore
- The Most Common Skin Infections Found in Seniors & How to Prevent Them