Does cellulitis go away?
Mild cases of cellulitis may clear up within a few weeks. But don’t wait to see if cellulitis will go away on its own. Without medical care, cellulitis can spread to other areas of the body and become a life-threatening blood infection.
Your doctor can give you oral antibiotics (pills) to treat cellulitis. Once you start taking antibiotics, you should feel better within 3 to 5 days. Make sure you finish all your medicine, even if you feel better.
- Learn the signs when cellulitis is healing
- Learn how long it takes for cellulitis goes away
- Persistent Rash? It Might Be Cellulitis
- How Long Does it Take for Cellulitis to Heal?
- Learn why you keep getting cellulitis
- Learn why cellulitis happens on your legs
- Learn if cellulitis spreads
- 3 Skin Conditions You Shouldn’t Ignore
- The Most Common Skin Infections Found in Seniors & How to Prevent Them